Proposition M is a Los Angeles City ballot measure that was passed by Los Angeles City voters on March 7, 2017. Proposition M affirms the City Council's power to revise and/or replace Proposition D with new local legislation relating to cannabis and medical cannabis after conducting public hearings. In the meantime, Proposition D remains in place. More information about the ballot measure can be found on the City Attorney's website.
The City Council's actions following Proposition M can be tracked through Council file 14-0366-S5 found on the City Clerk's Council File Management System.
Here are the instructions to subscribe to a Council file:
- Access the Council File Management System at: lacouncilfile.com.
- Enter the Council file number (i.e. 14-0366-S5) in the "Search Criteria" box.
- Click on the Council file number.
- Click the "Subscribe by E-Mail" icon at top of Council file screen (an open envelope with a purple arrow).
- Enter your e-mail address and click "Subscribe."
- A notice will display saying "Thank you, your request has been submitted" and an e-mail confirmation will be sent to you.
- Follow the instructions in the e-mail confirmation.
The Council File listing may indicate that this item is "Pending in Committee". To subscribe to Council Committee meeting agendas:
- Access the Early Notification System at: lacity.org/government/Subscriptions/counciladhoc/index.htm
- Enter your name and e-mail address.
- Select the committee and/or Council agenda(s) to which you wish to subscribe.
- Click "Subscribe."